Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Next Step...

Wow. I don't know why the GRE gave me so much worry... it's not like I've never taken a standardized test. I'm horrible at testing. That's true. But this was especially overwhelming and I hardly slept last night... but now its OVER! I forgot how good it feels to accomplish something really important or big and am ecstatic to get my degree in April.

I also feel an overwhelming gratitude. I am so excited to be a speech-language pathologist and help people everyday. I love going to class and learning about all of it. I am also grateful for wonderful examples in my life, friends and family who take what they have and make something of it... who make it part of their lives and let it change them for the better. There are a great many talents I wish I had, or that I wish I hadn't given up on, but right now I just feel very blessed that I am moving forward towards a goal and loving it. That is something I haven't been able to do by myself. I know it's been given to me, academic success, through a pretty amazing principle called consecration. And I'm really, really grateful.

Wish me luck on graduate school applications. I'm applying to:

1) Arizona State University
2) University of Utah
3) University of Hawaii
4) University of Texas-Dallas

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

WOW!!! Way to go Kami!!! SLP's make such a difference! Ours has been a very monumental cheerleader for my speech kids and has helped not only in the classroom but helped ease my mind and helped us fight for what the kids really need at school in other areas. (She's also our special ed case manager.) VERY HAPPY FOR YOU!

Suzanne Maughan said...

I thought you were going to announce "the next step" was having a baby...just sayin. :) But grad school is exciting too. I'm not sure I even knew you were going to be a speech languag pathologist. That is so awesome! You are accomplishing so many great things!

Em said...

Nice to be done with the test! You are doing great things!

The Harker's said...

Congratulations on finishing the test! Did I ever tell you I had a friend who also got a Master in Speech Language Pathology? Incidentally, she lives in AZ now.:) Can't wait to hear where you are going to go!:) Although, we could see you guys more if you stayed in UT. Not applying to any in WA?!:)

Lari said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! There really is only one school to apply to....BUT wherever you go, you will be there. hahahahahaha. I am sososososo proud and happy for you