Saturday, January 26, 2008

Food Challenge


Be the first to name the four ingredients and you will get a way cool prize. Seriously.
So, last Saturday (Jan. 19) was a big holiday for the Russian Orthodox church celebrating Jesus' baptism. I got home Friday night around 11 or so and Olga was waiting up for me. She was so excited to share her special concoction. She informed me it was quite the treat because she only makes it four times a year on the great holidays. I tried to politely refuse but it is custom for adults here to insist at least three times about whatever they are insisting so before I knew it, she had a spoonful of this stuff up to my lips.

7 comments:

Dick&Erica said...

Poppy seeds, rice, golden raisins, and some type of liquid...chicken broth?

Shums said...

i agree with erica, poppy seeds, raisins, rice, but for the last ingredient i choose slime?

Christina Mahler said...

Poppy seeds, wheat berries, honey, and golden raisins. It looks almost exactly like kutya, but with raisins. That's my guess.

Ray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ray said...

Is flies one of them?

Kambria Smith Robinson said...

Wow, I am quite impressed. Richard and Erica were closest. I'll get you a special treat. It is poppy seeds, rice, raisins and the liquid ingredient is actually honey.

Dick&Erica said...

Hooray! a special treat!