Saturday, May 10, 2008

My Mom

I often go walking in meadows of clovers,
and I gather armfuls of blossoms of blue.
I gather the blossoms the whole meadow over; dear Mother each flower reminds me of you.
O Mother, I give you my love with each flower to give forth sweet fragrance a whole lifetime through; For if I love blossoms and meadows and walking, I learn how to love them, dear Mother, from you.

I have the best mom in the world! My mom is beautiful. She is the most well rounded person I know. Along wih raising 7 "unique and special" children, she found the time to cultivate and refine her many talents: drawing/painting, sewing, knitting/crocheting, piano playing, singing, matting and framing, nursing (as in being a school nurse, but for the flow of it...), and even on occasion dancing and skiing! My mom is always reading from among the best books and makes for the best company when watching a movie because she will laugh at everything, thus enhancing even the most juvenile humor. My mom is an optimist and lives in the light. She comforts and uplifts and after talking to her you can't help but believe in yourself. Words only do so much but suffice it to say... Mom you are the BEST! I love you more than can be expressed and can't wait to finally give you a great big hug! Happy Mother's Day! To my sisters, sisters-in-law and friends who are mothers, I truly admire you all so much and am grateful for the chance I have to learn from you and your darlings.

6 comments:

Dick&Erica said...

You are such an eloquent writer. Every word you said about your mom is so true. It really makes me want to take up some hobbies because if she can do it with 7 kids, I should be able to do it with 2.

How much longer are you there?

Dick Smith said...

As one of the "unique and special" siblings, I would just like to point out that none of us are special in the "free ticket to the celestial kingdom" way. And mom is pretty cool.

Em said...

This is all very true about mom. We all got pretty lucky! We're excited to see you!

Shums said...

ditto.

Lari said...

You made me cry! You made me believe I was as good as you said (for a little while anyway!)We moms are sooooo hard on ourselves that to hear such kind words just heals my heart. What a blessing my children are to me! There is nothing in the whole world more important than all of you and Dad. I am QUEEN OF BLESSINGS!!!!!

Donita Porter said...

this post reminded me of when i went to the movies with my dad and donelle and we both heard this laugh that you can recognize no matter where you are... me and donelle turned to my dad and said sister smith is here... sure enough she was a few rows behind us... your mom is pretty amazing... especially cause on top of her 7 crazy kids she adopted some others along the way :]]

-Candice