Saturday, July 26, 2008

...after it all

I have been home now for two and a half months and lots has happened, and it has been hard. But after it all, there are still reasons to be happy and to love and to embrace this beautiful thing called life. I echo a truth that my dear friend Lauralie recently shared on her blog. That is that this life is about enduring the refining trials and looking to the Lord in faith, always, to let Him show you what He is making of you...becuase I beleive it truly will be amazing. It will be more than I could have made of my own accord and I know, I just know it will be worth it. Thank you to family and friends who love me, who exemplify how to just rise above it and be happy. Thanks to the gospel and restored church of Jesus Chirst. Thanks to Mom and Dad, whom I dearly love.

I have organized my pictures from Ukraine and wanted to tell of a few other experiences that are now fun and happy memories. I posted them today, so I hope you enjoy them.

5 comments:

Margaret said...

Kami,
Do you know how much we love you? Thank you for all you do and your wonderful example. I am so grateful that you were there with Lollie. I love you.

Margaret

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog you are such a cool cousin.
I too hope you know how much we love you. You are so brave to run off to foreign land to help others. I am sure they just loved you there. I missed your family report because of work but I hope to someday hear your stories.

Em said...

The longer I live, the more I realize that life is HARD. I used to think that it would all be more simple than it is, but now I realize that life really is a test. If it were smooth sailing all the time, we would never improve or become stronger. How great that we have Heavenly Father and Christ to trust and lean on, because they will never change or let us down. That knowledge has gotten me through my trials. You're great, and your life really will be wonderful because of your faith and devotion to the Gospel.
Love Ya, Sista!

Lari said...

I always am the last to remember to read these blogs. I can't comprehend how I could be so blessed to have such amazing children. Every blasted one of you amazes me. The scripture, "I have no greater joy than to know my children walk in truth" is what I think all the time. We are so blessed! even through the hard times. HE IS THERE FOR US!

Lauralie said...

kami,
i don't usually post on blogs, but I felt I should because I have to tell you thank you. And you need to know that I think the world of you and am so grateful for ALL you have done. I am a firm believer now more than ever that in the times that are the most difficult, when the trials are the greatest and we can't always clearly see the hand of the Lord, the Lord gives us someone to help just at that moment and even if we don't understand why... the knowledge that we are not alone helps to soften a terrible blow. I love you girl.. more than you know :)