Sunday, February 3, 2008

Лавра continued

Ooo la la...probably my favorite part of the monestary were the hotties in black robes...Ok so it's probably not appropriate to mock the monks but when Al and I saw them we couldn't resist a quick snap shot.


After the caves, we visited the museum part of Lavra. This is one of the cathedrals.







The group went into this chapel where the high, domed ceiling is painted beautifully. At the door there was a sign of a camera and below it was a sign of a phone crossed out. So, I assumed it meant cameras were allowed but shortly after snapping this an old man in robes came in and started yelling something. Tonia quickly motioned for us to put the cameras away. Oops! However, when he left Tonia said it was ok to take them out again if we wanted so I was able to tape us singing hymns in there. It sounded amazing. Tonia said it has better accoustics than an opera house.






This is me, Mandy, Lauren, and Anese in our lame scarf-skirts. We are outside the entrance to the caves.




4 comments:

s.s. bazodi said...

booo-yiz, That looks so cool!

Em said...

Fun adventures! I love learning about other cultures.

Lari said...

I wish SO BAD I could be there too! As cold and hard as everything is, it is still an amazing thing to be able to look at such different things from cactus!

Shums said...

but why are you wearing jazz shoes?