Thursday, February 7, 2008

Золоті Ворота (Golden Gate)

Before embarking on this grand adventure, Ray, my brother-in-law, gave me a mission: find the Gates of Kyiv. He sang a song about them back in his BYU Men's Chorus days and wanted to know if they still exist. For Alison and I's first solo excursion in the city we decided to find them. It was actually very easy and made for an awesome day (Jan. 28). This is a picture of the new exterior. The original gate and stone walls are inside. I'll let the signs tell of the Gate's history and details.




















Alison and I paid the buck to go in and climbed to the top. This is the view. The weather here is so crazy. It looks like it was a beautiful day, the sun is out and everything. Thirty minutes earlier, however, I have a picutre of me in a nasty blizzard outside the opera house. Crazy but I love it!








I guess this is the offical "gate" part of it. It was HUGE!

1 comment:

Ray said...

Nice work. Well done.