Thursday, February 7, 2008

Ice Cream Sausages!

Well, it has finally happened...I have found an ice cream I will never eat again. While I have come to love the wide assortment of chocolates and treats here in Ukraine, Alison and I wondered upon these fun sausage tubes of ice cream which nearly made us sick. As I had no idea how to go about eating a tube of ice cream, I decided to just cut the package right down the middle. It immediately popped like a can of Pillsburry biscuits and later my host mother informed me that was entirely wrong. We ended up just squeezing it into a bowl and adding peanut butter and nutella. While this would make for a delicious treat with American ice cream, this ice cream is already pure sugar. It also has a light, fluffy texture like whipped cream, but it melted in minutes so I was left with a bowl of reeses froth. It was fun but we definitely won't be repeating it. I have tried a few other ice creams and in short have decided to give it up...while here in Kiev anyway.

1 comment:

Shums said...

im jel. i would have poked a pin-hole and squeezed it into my mouth.